Introduction

Hey, you found me and my world of thoughts! congrats :) prepare yourself for lots of foody related thoughts, peeks at gifts I make and my general ramblings. On a more personal note, I used to Follow Slimming World but now I have switched to Paleo. Still waiting on my cave woman outfit. I hope you stay a while and enjoy!

Sunday, 29 July 2012

Let The Summer Holidays Begin! - 1st week - Survived :)

This week was the first week of the Summer holidays and because my other job is being a Professional Nanny it means extras hours and longer days. It can be quite daunting at the prospect of entertaining two kiddie winks all week but I must admit this week has been an absolute blast.

The essentials for this week was - High Factor Suncream, Cool Drinks and Towels!!

Here is a sneaky peek at what we have been up to>


Kettering by the Sea
We visited Kettering By the Sea which was fantastic & FREE :)
It was a fantastic set up with a large constructed sandpit surrounded by a white picket fence and the water fountains were switched on, which the children loved running through and getting wet.....good job I was armed with towels and spare clothes.........just wish I had taken some for me hehe...such a great way to cool down!
I got chatting to a few of the parents there and everyone I spoke to was singing the councils praises for the organising and running of the event which was such a refreshing change. Great job Kettering Council, we shall be back next week.
http://www.kettering.gov.uk/marketplace/news/article/30/kettering_by_the_sea_returns


 .

Wicksteeds Park was great fun! we are very lucky to have this wonderful park close by. It has one of the biggest and best free playgrounds in Europe and the children just love going. We took a picnic with us and enjoyed a lovely afternoon there!
http://www.wicksteedpark.co.uk/



I took the kiddies to register at their local library and they are taking part in the Summer Reading Challenge :)
http://summerreadingchallenge.org.uk/
 Picnic in the park!

 Beautiful blue skies all week!

 A Friday treat to Kids Play in Kettering
http://www.wherekidsplay.co.uk/kids-play-kettering-so-much-to-do.htm

 We baked Moshi Monster Eyeballs.......eek!

 My Favourite day was Strawberry picking at Dovecote Farm. We took our baskets and wandered up and down the lines of Strawberries choosing the yummiest, ripest berries to pick. It was a lovely afternoon and once we had filled all our baskets there was time for a peek around the little chic farm shop and gift shops and of course leaving time for a play in the wooden playground.

They were sooooo delicious and the kiddies enjoyed filling their baskets as well as their tummies!
http://www.dovecotefarm.co.uk/pick-your-own

Such a busy week but very enjoyable, it all made me realise how much I LOVE being a Nanny. There isn't many jobs where you get to enjoy the beautiful weather and do so many fun things. I feel very lucky to have such a wonderful family I work for and two amazing children.

On Thursday on our way home from Strawberry Picking the eldest child said to me:

"I have had so much fun today, thank you Lyndsey"

That just warmed my heart and completely made my week.

I cant wait to tell them where we are going next week :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...