Introduction

Hey, you found me and my world of thoughts! congrats :) prepare yourself for lots of foody related thoughts, peeks at gifts I make and my general ramblings. On a more personal note, I used to Follow Slimming World but now I have switched to Paleo. Still waiting on my cave woman outfit. I hope you stay a while and enjoy!

Saturday, 11 May 2013

My Slimming World Meals - Week 1

I am so glad that I took some photos of the meals that I have eaten in my first week with SW especially after achieving such a good loss (see previous SW post here) 
So I thought I would share them with you here. I still can not believe that you can be on a 'diet' but still enjoy all the foods you love. Even after just one week, I feel such a change, not only in my eating but in my thoughts about food. The SW food optimising program is just pure brilliance. It is all about eating from all the different food groups, in moderation and basically cooking things a little differently. I just hope I can continue to achieve such good results.

The plan I am following on SW at the moment is the Extra Easy

Beef Stir Fry
I Cut some extra lean quick frying beef into strips and popped them into a glass bowl to marinate in some garlic, soy sauce and chilli for about 15 min (just while I prepared the other veggies)
I fried the beef with some frylight, added spring onions and red peppers.
Served with steamed curly kale, been sprouts and brown rice.
Not a syn in sight :)

This was one of my breakfasts when I had a really busy work day ahead.
Wholemeal Toast with Light Dairylea, cherry tomatoes and a sprinkle of spring onions.
Blueberries & Grapes

A yummy lunch!
I am guilty of never really bothering to eat much at lunch time, so when I finished work early one day I thought I would spoil myself a little and the best part it was all free and super free!
2 Scrambled Eggs, Large baked mushroom, grilled cherry tomatoes, baked beans and spring onions.

My favourite dinner of the week.
Can you believe you can eat Bacon/Gammon as free foods. I love SW :)
This meal was grilled gammon, slimming world chips, asparagus, grilled tomatoes, broccoli  peas, sweetcorn and red onion.

The day Mr LTs was off as well I decided to treat us both to a bacon roll for lunch, SW style ofcourse!
Wholemeal roll, Weight Watchers Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato with fruit for afters.

I am attempting to cook at least 2 fish dishes per week. This week we had Salmon (see above) and Trout. Unfortunately I didn't not get a photo of the trout meal, but it was delicious so I will definitely be cooking it again and I promise to take a photo for you.
The salmon was baked in the oven with a fat free greek yogurt and watercress sauce. Steamed curly kale and spinach. Asparagus, spring onions with radish and baked sweet potato slices.


This was a celebratory breakfast after my first weigh in on Wednesday. The only syn was the sausage at half syn!
Instead of frying the sausages and bacon it was all grilled in the oven and was super yummy.

I had seen recipes of pizza topped chicken and thought I would give it a go, but I could not resist adjusting it a little. Instead of chicken I used turkey. Baked in the oven with a tin of chopped tomatoes, onions, peppers, garlic, chilli and sprinkled with low fat cheese from my healthy A option.

******
The first thing I notice after looking through all the photos again is the colour on eat plate!  I can not wait to try them all again :)

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...