I was very excited to be sent vouchers to purchase Richmond Mini Meatballs in return to come up with a recipe that could be quick, simple and something the kiddies will enjoy!
So I present to you my recipe for.......
Spider Meatballs with Blood Sauce
Ready in 30mins! yes THIRTY MINUTES! with only 10 simple steps.
You will need:
Richmond Meatballs Pack of 20
Dried Spaghetti or Linguine
2 Tablespoons of Tomato Puree
1 Can of Chopped or Plum Tomatoes
1 Diced Onion
A Splash of Worcester Sauce
2 Table Spoons of Mixed Italian Herbs
A Baking Tray
I decided to time myself whilst cooking this recipe just to prove it can be done under 30mins :)
SO Ready, Steady............COOK!.......
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees
1. Put a saucepan of water on to boil for the pasta to be added later
2. Put the Meatballs on a baking tray and pop in the preheated oven
3.Spray some Frylight onto your frying pan ( I use Frylight as part of my Slimming World plan, but you can use a drizzle of Vegetable Oil or Olive Oil instead)
4. Add the Tomato Puree first and cook it for a few seconds, giving it a whirl in the pan on its own :) (this helps release the flavour)
5. Add in the diced onion & stir......then add in the dried herbs and stir
6. Add in the tinned tomatoes, Worcester sauce and you can even sneak
in a grated carrot teehee.......and stir
If Sauce is a little dry you can add a little water.
Leave this on a low heat to simmer whilst you prepare the Spiders!
The above should all take a max of 10 minutes!
7. When the Richmond Mini Meatballs are golden brown, take them out of the oven!
and begin the Spiders!
This is a great time to get the kids involved
8. First you need to make the legs, so take one piece of Spaghetti and snap in half. You need to do this twice per spider.
9. Grab a Richmond Mini Meatball and thread the spaghetti pieces through the middle at different angles.
This should create 4 legs either side of the spiders head, resulting in 8 legs :) yippee!
Just be careful they don't start crawling away!
10. Pop the spiders in to the pan of boiling water, and leave to boil on a high heat for about 5mins, when spaghetti is cooked remove and drain.
All ready in actually 25mins, I even impressed myself there!
Now Serve the Richmond Mini Meatball Spiders on top of the Blood Sauce and enjoy
They were a huge hit with my Niece and Nephew!
This would be fab to serve at Halloween!
“This post is an entry for BritMums’ Hungry to Happy Challenge sponsored by Richmond Mini Meatballs”