Introduction

Hey, you found me and my world of thoughts! congrats :) prepare yourself for lots of foody related thoughts, peeks at gifts I make and my general ramblings. On a more personal note, I used to Follow Slimming World but now I have switched to Paleo. Still waiting on my cave woman outfit. I hope you stay a while and enjoy!

Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Spider Meatballs with Blood Sauce! #Hungry2Happy

I was very excited to be sent vouchers to purchase Richmond Mini Meatballs in return to come up with a recipe that could be quick, simple and something the kiddies will enjoy!

So I present to you my recipe for.......
Spider Meatballs with Blood Sauce
Ready in 30mins! yes THIRTY MINUTES! with only 10 simple steps.


You will need:
Richmond Meatballs Pack of 20
Dried Spaghetti or Linguine
2 Tablespoons of Tomato Puree
1 Can of Chopped or Plum Tomatoes
1 Diced Onion
A Splash of Worcester Sauce
2 Table Spoons of Mixed Italian Herbs
Fresh Parsley

Equipment needed: 
A Baking Tray
Large Saucepan
Frying Pan


I decided to time myself whilst cooking this recipe just to prove it can be done under 30mins :)

SO Ready, Steady............COOK!.......

Preheat your oven to 200 degrees

1. Put a saucepan of water on to boil for the pasta to be added later

2. Put the Meatballs on a baking tray and pop in the preheated oven

3.Spray some Frylight onto your frying pan ( I use Frylight as part of my Slimming World plan, but you can use a drizzle of Vegetable Oil or Olive Oil instead)


4. Add the Tomato Puree first and cook it for a few seconds, giving it a whirl in the pan on its own :) (this helps release the flavour)

5. Add in the diced onion & stir......then add in the dried herbs and stir


6. Add in the tinned tomatoes, Worcester sauce and you can even sneak 
in a grated carrot teehee.......and stir

If Sauce is a little dry you can add a little water.
Leave this on a low heat to simmer whilst you prepare the Spiders!

The above should all take a max of 10 minutes!

 
7. When the Richmond Mini Meatballs are golden brown, take them out of the oven!

and begin the Spiders!
This is a great time to get the kids involved
8. First you need to make the legs, so take one piece of  Spaghetti and snap in half. You need to do this twice per spider.
9. Grab a Richmond Mini Meatball and thread the spaghetti pieces through the middle at different angles. 

This should create 4 legs either side of the spiders head, resulting in 8 legs :) yippee!

Just be careful they don't start crawling away!

10. Pop the spiders in to the pan of boiling water, and leave to boil on a high heat for about 5mins, when spaghetti is cooked remove and drain.

Voila!!!

All ready in actually 25mins, I even impressed myself there!

Now Serve the Richmond Mini Meatball Spiders on top of the Blood Sauce and enjoy



They were a huge hit with my Niece and Nephew!

This would be fab to serve at Halloween!

******************************
 “This post is an entry for BritMums’ Hungry to Happy Challenge sponsored by Richmond Mini Meatballs”

******************************
Enjoy!

20 comments:

  1. Wow looks yummy! thanks for the great post! xo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! and the Kids thought they were very yummy :) xx

      Delete
  2. Isn't that so cute. My son would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea - my kids would be so amused!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a fun dinner to have! :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like something my kids would love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great...I know my kids would love this idea, especially at Halloween! Thanks for sharing...I repinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! they would be super for Halloween, I am trying to work out how to add some eyes on them :) thanks for pinning too xx

      Delete
  6. Love the idea, although I find it ever so slightly creepy! It would be brill for hallowean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's cute! Creative way to get the kids eating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) they were too busy eating the spiders to notice the hidden onions and carrots ;) xx

      Delete
  8. I have cook this during the 8th Birthday of my youngest daughter. And her friends love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea - and you can also use it to teach the children that spiders have 8 legs :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gruesome so will appeal to children. Ideal for Halloween. Commenting for myself and on behalf of BritMums and thanking you for taking part

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...